Saturday, October 26, 2013

Yoga Whispers from Jesus

For any of you who do not know.... I <3 LoVe <3 hot yoga! I really enjoy any kind of yoga because it helps me slow down, stretch, focus myself in the present and not the zillion things I want/need to do, but especially Bikram hot yoga (I love a good sweat).

I'll just be real honest... I thought this coming week was going to SUCK.

It is my first "peak week," aka the week before your competition, and I was convinced it would be miserable.  I pictured myself to feel weak, exhausted, incredibly hungry, irritable and out of it.... but then God stepped in today and reminded me of something very important.

I am His.

I was over halfway through my hot yoga class (my second workout today after waking up at 430 this am so hungry I had to cook my breakfast before I could even think of going back to sleep) and I was shocked at how amazing I was feeling.  Then it was clear; I felt God whisper,

"Why are you so surprised Alex? Of course you feel great because I am your energy and source of strength.  I have brought you through seventeen weeks of training with enough joy, and strength and peace to last a lifetime and I will not abandon you now.  You are walking the path I have carved out for you."

I literally giggled to myself in my savasana pose because I could just picture God shaking His head and smiling down at me.  It is SO crazy to me how quick I am to forget His Truth and how Good He is... not just some of the time, but ALL the time.  

All that being said to say, this will be a great week.  I may be hungry, I may be tired, and more weak than usual, but God is with me and will never leave me or forsake me.  I am expecting great things to happen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment