Friday, October 18, 2013

Late Night Sappiness

Are you living the life of your dreams?


What is it you want most in the world? What is it you so deeply desire and think will bring you fulfillment?
  • To have a successful career
  • To marry "the one"
  • To be happy with your body
  • To mend broken relationships
  • To get involved in something other than the hum-drum of daily monotony?
Let me ask you this....

             ....when was the last time you stepped outside your comfort zone?

I was doing my sprints on Wednesday, exhausted from dieting and relying only on the strength God was providing and suddenly I had this burst of energy.  I realized I was chasing after my dreams and it takes extra work, being uncomfortable, and pushing past the boundaries I thought I had(physical, mental, emotional, spiritual) to achieve the extraordinary.  

Don't laugh at me.... this is the vision board I made at the beginning of the year:

It has some of my favorite IFBB pros, great quotes, encouragement to eat healthy, love others and achieve my "dream" physique.  I have been looking at it for months, but that does not change anything.  

Intention without action is worthless. 


During my cardio sessions on the stair stepper I have been listening to sermons and came across this Beth Moore message. A few things struck me hard:

God's love for me is so deep
                     His plan for my life is purposeful and perfectly timed
                                     I was placed here at this time, in this generation to serve the purpose He has set out for me

I know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that my job at HHS, training for this competition, teaching this Zumba class and the relationships I have been blessed with are ALL perfectly timed in God's plan and though at times I may be uncomfortable... I am so incredibly at peace walking daily with Him.  

Could you possibly believe God has a crazy, exciting plan for your life? Better than anything you ever hoped for?

No comments:

Post a Comment