Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Raw

Today was yet again a struggle:

I had that overwhelming feeling that I was going to break down in tears, I knew I wasn't going to be able to push the weight I have been on my typical leg day so I was dreading going to the gym, my brain  felt like it was at a constant war.  I would be not hungry, but my body is just NEEDING food and it is just a mental war not to eat all of the edamame and peanut butter in the teachers lounge.

Well, I did end up breaking down in tears over this video: A beautiful freakin' love story....

Then I just felt super selfish after watching that.  I was just so focused on my own self pity all day... So here goes my list of things I am grateful for that happened today:


  • I woke up to my alarm and not my neighbors crashing upstairs
  • Spent some time with Jesus and all the reading focused on Him being my strength (yet I am so quick to forget)
  • My sweet students worked so well today... overall.  I gave out like 3 detentions.  I may be tired, but that doesn't mean you can run wild and shoot paper balls Jajaja
  • My amaze-balls student assistants got alot of grading done and I pushed through to get ALL CAUGHT up
    • This week is the end of the nine weeks and grades are due sooooo things are a bit cray
  • The other awesome Spanish II teacher has plans ALL created for the days I will miss next week as I take off to my competition 
  • I survived my leg workout
  • Was able to pull myself together after that video and work on some new Zumba choreo for my women
  • The aforementioned upstairs neighbor came down and apologized for crashing around and introduced herself.  Sweet woman.
  • My sweet man came over for a bit between jobs and kept my waning self company 
  • Now I am just realizing how blessed I am and hate how negative I spent quite a few hours of my day today.
Reflecting really does help keep things in perspective.  I have 9 days to buckle down and push hard and give it all I have... today.... I could have given more.  Just keepin' it honest. 

Goals for tomorrow:

Have a successful re-feed - by successful I mean hitting my macros and not taking a few extra here and there

Make parent calls for the failing students (required for end of 9 weeks documentation)

Do my sprints during 7th period

Go to the dentist

Take spin class to burn those extra cals

Hug someone random 

Write a note to someone I appreciate 


No comments:

Post a Comment