Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The glows and grows...

Or that is what my superintendent calls them.

Grows first: 
        (This would be the ranting section)
-My upstairs neighbors were crashing around at 4:50 this a.m.... I wrote a nice note to deliver tomorrow.

 -I promise a positive will come after but seriously, you are doing reverse wrist curls in one of the two squat racks and you suggest I use the smith machine for my squats?!?!?!!? Go fly a freakin' kite with your abnormally strong forearms.
  That gave me some fantastic fuel for my leg workout. 

Now to focus on the glows:
          In this process it is REALLY easy to focus on the negatives: How much more fat I can lose, how much more I could tone my muscles, how little food I am eating right now, how easy it is to become irritable, basically enter the "woe is me" mindset, but I refuse to do that.  

Combat negativity with gratitude. 

Starting from 5:45 this am:
-I email my awesome coach, Ryan, Tuesdays and Saturdays with a weigh in and progress pics and I was down two pounds this a.m.  If you want a plan contact him! Coach Ryan
Find a diet plan that works and STICK WITH IT. I'll create a whole post about why I love IIFYM(if it fits your macros) later. 
-I had some awesome Jesus time with my green tea/lemon and made my rockin' casein café shake to take to school.  (I am going through the Bible in a year!)
-My students were amazeballs today. 
         Seriously, even my Spanish I was rockin' 
                     There were multiple moments today where I could see a student's mind reeling for an answer and then they figured it out and spoke Spanish to the class :-) Such a proud teacher and I usually make a face like this yelling YES!!!:
Seriously, God knew what I was getting myself into this year and blessed me with an amazing group of kids! 
-Finally make it to Kinetix, which has become my second home.  I <3 <3 <3 the afternoon crew of weightlifters there (yes, even the tool who didn't give up the squat rack).  Everyone is so encouraging and friendly... I ended up doing squats in the room  upstairs with no mirror and loved it!!! I felt myself hit a great depth today.  If you don't squat... you can't understand. Sorry. 
-My Zumba women rocked my socks per usual.  They are so sweet and I am really trying to make initiative to build relationships with them.  
-I ate my last little meal of tilapia, broccoli and cottage cheese (it's good I promise) and now I am about passed out on the couch all nice and relaxed :-)

Stay positive <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment